Family Breakfast at Kono's

Family Breakfast at Kono's
Family Fun

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Josh Turner Concert


OK here's the deal.... I saw that Josh Turner was going to be playing at the McCallum Theater by our house so I think he is a really HOT country singer and how cool it would be to see him in concert. So I buy the tickets. Then I'm thinkin... Who do I take??? My husband (who doesn't even know who he is) and could care less or my sister who is fun to go to concerts with but doesn't know who he is. As it got closer to the concert date I decided to give the tickets to Steve as a gift. I was right.. He said "Who is this?" I said I know you have heard his music but don't recognize who he is. So the night of the concert, I'm excited. We get to the McCallum (anyone who knows that theater knows it is an old people theater) . So we walk in and I thought I was at an old folks home. The average age there must have been 70 yrs. old. I'm thinkin to myself these people are season ticket holders and have no clue who this guy is. Anyway I sit next to this older gentleman who doesn't break a move the whole night. Steve on the other side of me not break en a move and me just rocking out between the two of them. I should have switched seats with Steve cause the lady next to him was busting it out. YEH!!! They had some girl band come out first for about 30 minutes and then it seemed like it took forever to get Josh to come out. But anyone who has been to a concert knows you need to heckle, whistle and clap to get the band to come out but no one did anything but sit there waiting. After about 30 minutes of nothing but lame taped old country music some younger girls in the balcony started to whistle and get a bit rowdy. So I chimed in. I was the only one near us and I know Steve was embarrassed. I didn't care I was going to have a good time. One thing good from the night was I found a friend from the ward who was there with her daughter and I talked to her later and she is a big country fan like myself. So I have found a partner in crime for the next concert. :) The music was great and He is so darn cute. His wife plays in the band. I thought that was cool. Oh yeh I almost got my camera taken away for taking pictures. I saw the dude coming and I quickly put it in my purse. So needless to say I have some pictures to share on this blog.

1 comment:

Jeff and Mandy said...

How funny! I would have LOVED to go with you! I would have been rocking out too!

St. George Trip

Greg's Graduation