Family Breakfast at Kono's

Family Breakfast at Kono's
Family Fun

Monday, July 21, 2008

Dixie, Zion, and Lots More



St. George Utah




Dad was on vacation this past week and we took Greg to Dixie College in St. George Utah for his orientation and register for his classes. We had a nice trip without any problems. The weather was as if at home... hot and humid. I don't have a picture of Greg by the Dixie College sign because he was being a poop and he promised when he went to school he would take one. So sorry no picture of Greg. :( But I did get a picture of the Dixie on the mountain. The first night in St. George we found a "Famous Dave's" BBQ to have dinner. Greg of course finds the biggest dinner on the menu.
Here is a picture of Greg's slaughter.

St. George Temple





On Tuesday Greg had his orientation and Steve and I were going to attend the St. George Temple. We drove over there and walked the grounds. They are beautiful. As we walked around a worker stopped us and informed us that the temple was closed for cleaning for 2 weeks. We wondered why we hadn't seen anyone come in or out of the temple and when we did find the front of the temple and the parking lot it was empty. We were disappointed as we really wanted to go inside and feel of the spirit there. The Lord knows the intent of our hearts.



Sorry wer'e Closed!



So we then decided to go to Zion National Park. It was a nice drive and beautiful scenery. It was a beautiful day. We took lots of pictures and just enjoyed being in God's creation and spending time with each other.







What a nice couple.



After enjoying a great day in Zion we had to go pick Greg up from his orientation. So we headed back. We picked Greg up had some lunch and went back to the hotel. Greg wanted to take a nap so Steve and I decided to go bowling. (we want to keep up with Jeff and Mandy). So we found a bowling alley and proceeded to bowl. I had not bowled in a while. It was fun but very hot and sweaty in there. On my second game I finally broke a 100. I did get on strike of which dad did not get the picture. Check out the action shots on the slide show.





As we were walking out of the bowling alley I saw one of those machines that have different things you can try and grab. I saw a Betty Boop Doll that I liked. (Steve has a relative named Betty in Michigan that collects them) So I said why don't you try and get that. He never played the game before and didn't know what he was doing. He said "How much does it cost?" I said it looked like 50 cents, so he puts in a dollar and the machine starts to go. He gets it over to the doll and he proceeded to pick it up and NO GO, it drops. He said what is the hang of this. I tried to tell him and he tried one more time. This time he timed his pick up just right and BAM he got it. It was soooo exciting and it only cost a buck. My boyfriend won me a toy at the bowling alley and I was so happy.

That's my MAN!!!



After going bowling we stopped off at Dessert Book Store and of course you have to get something. So dad found 3 books on the presidents of the US and he was so excited it only cost $20.00 for the 3 of them. I bought a CD call "A dog at my Scriptures" for $2.99. We listened to it and it was pretty good. I recommend it to all. When we got back to the hotel Greg was mad he didn't go bowling. We told him we were leaving so he lost out. After a very nice time in Utah we had to head back home. :(

1 comment:

Jeff and Mandy said...

I love all the pics! Looks like you had a great time in St. George and with Jaylee and Patrick! That food looks good! We miss you!!

St. George Trip

Greg's Graduation