Family Breakfast at Kono's

Family Breakfast at Kono's
Family Fun

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Trip to Utah and Mo's Baby Shower




It all started on July 23rd. My sister and I drove to Utah for Melissa's baby shower. We had to take my sisters BEAST of a truck to get ALL the baby stuff to Utah. We had a crib, stroller, carseat and a lot more. I love shopping for babbies. I was told many times I went overboard. We drove to St. George the first day. My sister and I always have a great time when we get together. We ate at "Famous Daves" that night. What a meal. We got up and drove the rest of the way. A beautiful drive, but long. We got to Melissa's about 1 pm on Thursday which happened to be July 24th. Pioneer day in Utah. A big celebration there. We had tickets to attend the "47 days Rodeo".

The nest day my sister and I painted baby Chelsea's room. It was a lot of work but worth it when it was done. I didn't get any pictures of it as yet cause it was not decorated. I will include them when I get back after the baby is born in September.

Saturday was the baby shower at Venessa's house. It was good to see many old friends. My best friend from Chino (Nancy) came and it is always good to see her.


Everything looked so nice. Venessa did a nice job. Melissa had lots of her friends there and she got LOTS of clothes. Everyone likes to buy baby clothes so she didn't get a lot of things she needs for the baby.
After the baby shower Dayna and I thought we were going to have to put together the baby crib. We were not looking forward to that task. When we got home and Melissa was showing Brad the things she got at the shower Brad asked her to bring it up to the baby's room. As we walked up stairs Brad had already put the crib together as we were at the shower. That was so nice of him and Melissa cried. We then went shopping at Target to get those things Melissa needed for the baby that she didn't get. It is very difficult for Melissa to be on her feet for a long length of time so we suggested a cart for her to drive around the store.
After much shopping for those needful things a few of us got a bit tired.

After a hard day of baby shower and shopping we went out to dinner at "Applebees". Yum


Sunday it was very hard to leave. I have this feeling that Melissa is going to have this baby when I'm not there. I miss my husband and family at home but I really want to be there for Melissa and Brad and the coming of our first grandchild. I hope I make it.

4 comments:

Brad and Mo Petersen said...

All of your efforts to make specials trips, bring special vehicles, change flight plans, to paint, etc. etc. etc. are MUCH appreciated!

Jeff and Mandy said...

How fun! You are such a teriffic mom (and Mom in law!) I wish I could have been there for the shower! But we can't wait to be there together for Chelsea's blessing! Yay!

Anonymous said...

Hey grandma D we need some updates!!! Where are they all??? Love ya!

Jeff and Mandy said...

Ok, this post is SO OLD! haha.. where's some updates?? j/k. Thanks so much for your sweet comments and advice! I will take all the advice I can get right now! WE miss you guys and love you!

St. George Trip

Greg's Graduation